Wednesday, February 17, 2021

glorious

 The heat of the sun brought me back to the present (where had I been? Oh, just mindless musings). The impossibly blue sky played host to a blazing sun while the snow beneath my feet crunched in a most satisfying manner. This winter has been marvelous with temps below freezing and no freezing rain. The snow is in perfect shape and if I hadn’t been busy shovelling the back deck (with Carm’s help), I would have gotten out on the snowshoes to repack my path.


Glorious! The best snow ever!


The days have become a blur as they pass so quickly; if I wasn’t in a content cocoon it would be dizzying. As it stands, there is very little to distinguish one day from the next.  


Spike had his recheck vet appointment - we’ll stop the antibiotic eye drop but keep using the steroid one. She mentioned cancer as a possibility but it doesn’t seem possible with sudden bilateral uveitis. It kind of makes me question her diagnosing skills. Also, why would we stop the antibiotic drop so early?


Other than a few virtual meet-ups, including one with the family to celebrate Dad’s birthday, and a quick porch visit with Pat as I passed her some frozen soups for her hip replacement recovery, we’ve done/seen nothing/nobody. It’s all fine though, I’m still in good spirits.



“Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.

It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.”

~John Grogan

No comments: