Wednesday, February 3, 2021

she focused her gaze

 I ended up using 16 of the 24 little jars; garlic sauce, spinach dip, onion dip, spiced nuts, all neatly stored in grab and go containers. Precisely arranged glass jars bring joy.


I had to make the cheesecake bites one more time so that I could test making a straight lemon bite and a lemon/blueberry one. As if they’d turn out badly. I might make a batch of gingerbread cookies to grind into crumbs for the bases. What flavour of filling would you pair with the gingerbread? I was thinking vanilla or is that too old-school?


We got another 10 or more cm of snow last night… it’s up to my knees now. Carm did the usual snowblower wrangling, while I sashayed with the shovel in one hand and the hammer in the other… when I hit the first nail with the shovel I knew I couldn’t put off hammering in those little suckers anymore. I was finished by 1:30 or so and by the end of the day much of the deck was dry. We might be getting temps above freezing tomorrow which is a big piss off as it will wreck our beautiful snow.



“She felt high, as if she had consumed some inappropriate and presumably illegal substance. She focused her gaze on the street lamp outside the window and sat still while her brain worked at top speed.”

~Stieg Larsson

No comments: