Wednesday, February 24, 2021

soundtrack on my shoulder

 In less than 24 hours after placing my order, everything was installed, the transformation well underway. I love the blue ‘velvet’. Once I had a few minutes to take it all in, we ordered a carpet for in front of the fireplace - weirdly, I had a few rugs in my favorites list and settled on this one - the same design as the one we already have! I guess I know what I like.  


I love it! The carpet will go under these chairs.


the horror before - we were both sick of that sickly green


Spike’s loveseat



I feel that I should have a soundtrack playing as I go about my day or maybe I should strap a giant 80s style boombox onto my shoulder. First would be a song by 10cc that I sing every single morning:

When you open your eyes

To a brand new morning

And the sun shines

Above you

You pull on your breeches and say

Oh well,

It's the start of a brand new day


After some coffee, an ancient Disney song from ‘Song of the South’ would be on repeat for several minutes. Throw in some wild gyrations:

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

My, oh, my, what a wonderful day

Plenty of sunshine headin' my way

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!


Around lunchtime I’ll belt out a good rendition of ‘Dancing in the Street’:

Calling out around the world

Are you ready for a brand new beat?

Summer's here and the time is right

For dancing in the street



And then it all took a nosedive. I got the scissors out to trim my hair a bit - I think I did a pretty good job, but there were a few long strands at the back that I couldn’t reach… so… I asked Carm… he cut a clump of hair 2” shorter!!! WTF! WTF! WTF! I don’t know if I can trust him to even it up... 



Luckily it’s just hair and will (hopefully) grow back. Plus I can’t see it in the mirror. And it’s not like I’m going anywhere 😣



“At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.”

~Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments: