Friday, February 19, 2021

murder on the owl express

 I can’t let the day go by without wishing Spike a happy 13th birthday! He got a few extra treats plus a special supper of raw turkey breast. He seemed pleased to be getting some extra attention.


Today I removed more of Christmas/winter… I was sick to death of all the burgundy blankets, pillows and stuff. It now looks (to my eye) so much better, or at least a welcome change. Carm probably hasn’t even noticed. I’ve been surfing Amazon to look for new slipcovers for the wing chairs - I hate the ones I have now and a change would go a long way to freshening up the place. I need CHANGE! The walls are starting to close in.



It’s a snow day again. Oh, it’s not a blizzard by any means but still the white stuff falls from the sky, piling up on the already drifted ground. Despite all this white I feel a faint hope towards Spring. It’s a tiny yellow light barely visible at this point in the winter but I can imagine that it will be here soon.


After days and days of laziness I got on the snowshoes yesterday. My path was totally snowed in forcing me to struggle step by step, snow overtopping my boots as I sunk to my knees - so much for snowshoes! The last time I remember breathing so hard is when I was struggling up Kirsten’s NZ hill.


As I struggled around the short loop of the field I came upon the dramatic silhoutte of a murder scene. I’m not sure who or what but gosh there was a struggle. I took the opportunity to catch my breath - taking a photo is always a good excuse for a break.



Spike is learning a new skill: using a little dog bed that is tucked beside the futon for a little booster to help getting up. He figured it out on his own, but is not using it consistently. A flash of brilliance in a muddle of dementia. Aside from the ongoing struggle with jumping up on high things, he is doing well. His eyes look clear with no swelling in his third eyelid.





“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, 

and those who matter don't mind.”

~Bernard M. Baruch

No comments: