Friday, February 26, 2021

I feel good I knew that I would

 Do you ever suddenly realize that in terms of the universe and the billions of years it’s been around and will be around, we are just a nano blip. It is a bigger concept than my mind can comfortably hold. Just think, we’ve only had electricity a little over 100 years and yet the Earth has been around for 4 billion years. Puny.



Today was another wonderful day, full of sunshine and almost spring like temperatures. Joy is the word that comes to mind. The days have been like that lately, even when the sun is hidden behind the clouds. Lots of bouncy music, loud singing, and raucous dancing around the house is triggered by the joy. Or perhaps the music triggers the joy. Whatever the source, I’m living it.


I feel good a la James Brown!


After a good long sleep Wednesday night I worked up the nerve to hand Carm the scissors again… He did a pretty good job so now my hair is a mid-length bob with just a small gash at the back. Not my favorite hair cut, but it will do. I could go to the salon for a proper cut, but I’m not ready to go short yet. That will come in May (assuming we aren’t in another lockdown).


Aside from that, the last few days have been regular groundhog days with not much to differentiate them from one another. But that’s the way it goes these days.


More vaccines approved. Oh, and if you watch any tv you’ve seen hundreds (thousands?) of long needles jabbed into people's arms. I’m not crazy about needles and generally don’t watch when I’m getting one, but gosh, it’s too much! I’m not sure if they are trying to desensitize us but it’s not working.



“Whoa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now

I feel good, I knew that I would, now

So good, so good, I got you

Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice

I feel nice, like sugar and spice

So nice, so nice, I got you…

~James Brown

No comments: