Tuesday, September 14, 2021

fur was flying

 Not much on the playbook today… just the onerous task of getting the hair off Spike. We tried a new drug today but I only gave him a half dose - he put up such a fight that there was no way I was going to get his face done so I gave him the other half and we crossed our fingers. 


It takes a good hour or more to take effect but for fun (ha ha) I gave the rest of his body a go. Itˋs a rough job, especially his legs and feet, but with Carm holding him with one hand and a kong with peanut butter in the other we got it done.


Next dog will have short hair like Adia.



When Spike was coming to work with me Iˋd touch him up every two weeks with no help needed. Now it’s a rodeo but I canˋt really blame him as even when I’m being careful I nick his little owies and make them bleed 😥 I’m going to try some operant conditioning so weˋve ordered a pair of cordless clippers which will help with this. They should make little jobs easier too.


The apples are still sitting in their trug breeding fruit flies.


I’ve been drinking apple juice that I made in the instant pot - it’s good so I may get out the machine tomorrow.



Awesome!


“sunshine glinting across the field at 7am”

“Adia’s eyes are the exact same colour as her fur”

“the juice from a bacon and tomato sandwich dripping onto my plate”

“gourmet food doesn’t hold a candle to a sandwich smothered in mayo and stacked with tomatoes fresh from the garden and topped with crispy bacon”

“one day delivery for the new clippers”



No comments: