Monday, September 6, 2021

Labour day already

 Sultry summer has taken a hard right into a hopefully fantastic fall. Itˋs Labour Day today and if there is one day that signifies the end of summer it would be the last day before school starts. Today has been a mix of sun and cloud, not too warm but not freezing cold either, in other words, an early fall day...


I think I left off last Wednesday… so much more of the same… cooking and prepping. We headed to the villetta on Saturday and stayed for 2 nights. While itˋs lovely to have a little get away, itˋs even more awesome to see my little sis. (and everyone else of course!)


I love spending the day puttering around the villetta. The new little vacuum skims off the dirt and debris from the floors, and then armed with a little brush, it scoops up the spider webs from every nook. I didnˋt even have time to read! Or wash the nose prints off the windows...


Both dogs seemed to do much better this weekend. Spike wasnˋt as disoriented and had a normal out schedule (mostly); Adia settled better also. I had put down a larger carpet in front of the fireplace plus another one between living area and kitchen to help with Spikeˋs traction which might have reduced his anxiety a bit. Now if only there wasnˋt something I could do with the high first step going ˋupstairsˋ.


Plans for an upcoming sibling party are underway… it happens to correspond with my ‘last year in my 50s’ birthday which I plan to celebrate with abandon. This will not be a pity party (at least for me), but an Iˋm going to make this the best year ever” party. I want it to be a party where we all celebrate the joy and wonder in our lives and to make a pact to live more mindfully and to see the awesome in everything around us. I donˋt want it to be all about me! It should be all about you!


And maybe about the sequins.



Awesome!


“having people gathered around the table in the villetta”

“Spike putting his legs on my shoulder so I can more easily lift him down”

“seeing a video of Nissaˋs room in res”

“a salty crisp pringle melting on my tongue.”

“finding pink flare leggings to wear for my ˋpartyˋ”

No comments: