Monday, September 27, 2021

outside in

 Leafy greens from the deck are now lining the window seat in the livingroom… almost 24 feet of green brings the essence of summer into the house. A bit sad now but it will be wonderful in the depth of a snowy winter. With a south face the herbs might continue to produce.


We also brought in a horde of creepy earwigs.



I ran out of motivation this week - oh sure, I peeled 30 more apples, but Carm took over with the tomatoes and made 4 containers of diced for the freezer. Tomatoes will feature heavily in this winter’s menu. Thankfully the last of the tomatoes were gleaned from the dying plants.


I have been slowly harvesting herb… it’s a lot of work to trim but hopefully it will be worth it.


It’s raining today, a sure way to drag down my energy. Carm’s out golfing though! I expected him home ages ago. He’ll need a hot bath to warm up and a fluffy towel to dry himself off. 


I’ve been seeing more blue jays lately and have been hearing geese overhead at times. Winter is coming… What is this winter going to bring? Will we be isolated or will we finally get over the fear and bring people into the house? I don’t know. We are fully vaccinated but so many places are going to hell that it’s easy to stay scared.



Awesome!


“a jungle of plants in the living room”

“watching a program on my tablet while on the treadmill - the screen rocks”

“beef, potatoes, and olives”

No comments: