Monday, September 20, 2021

sparkle and shine

 This is going to be a painfully long post as I wrote the first several paragraphs on Saturday morning before the festivities began.



Friday, the day of my year transition, I quickly moved past feeling sorry for myself and came to the realization that YES, we would have a party without Olaf, smaller, but almost as good. So I finished the cooking, dyed my hair pink and loaded the car with food and sequins. We arrived at the trailer mid afternoon with lots of time to do our chores before supper.



Kirsten treated us to burritos from ‘Fat Bastards’ - I had a Thai one that I loved! My new favorite fast food joint :-) 


The forecast for Saturday was sun and more sun (with a bit of cloud thrown in to make it interesting.) Mom, Dad, Graham, and Erik came around 1pm for an afternoon of visiting and then a slightly early supper. Later cousins from Alberta dropped by for a few hours. I don’t know them very well so it was nice to touch base.


Our plan was to sparkle and shine for our dance party after supper, but alas, we were all too tired from the long day. We did muster up the energy to switch over to sequins! 



While I was writing the first version of this post Carm played Mozart ‘Sonata for two pianos in D’ which is supposed to be good for people with epilepsy but I’m thinking it’s also good for bipolar as I felt a wash of euphoria while it was playing. Lots of notes, but powerful ones!


Or maybe it was writing about all the joy in my life :-)


We came home on Sunday, but not before our morning coffee gathering. I made egg bites, bacon, and cheddar thyme cookies at home so I could serve up a mini breakfast with no fuss. The eggs and bacon pop into the microwave for a few seconds, I pop a few of the cookies (no sugar!) onto the plate and voila! mini breakfast.


Yesterday I also did a bit of harvesting of my green crop… so much work… will it be worth it?



Awesome!


“packing the cooler with loads of food”

“water pump starting with no problems”

“sweet and spicy Thai sauce”

“birthday gifts!”

“sequins”

“family”

“Spike peeing and pooping first thing in the morning”

“virtually adding Steph and Olaf to the gathering”

“a beautiful September day - are there any more treasured days than the last warmth before a long winter?”

“songs that make me get up and dance”


No comments: