Monday, September 13, 2021

its tough

 Music is playing and the tempo has managed to move me from a sitting position (of course Iˋm sitting now ha ha) to one less recumbent. I was lamenting to Mom about all the ˋstuffˋI have to do today, telling her that all motivation was gone… She reminded me how much music helped and of course mothers are always right ;-)



Iˋve gotten the vacuuming done, a huge pile of laundry folded and put away, a bit of the fridge cleaned out, presents wrapped… but still that giant trug of apples sits on the floor taunting me with its bounty. Its bleeping blooping bounty. I suppose Iˋll get the apple wizzard installed on the cutting board so I can do at least a pieˋs worth for the freezer. Although the freezer is stupid full.



And still tomatoes need picking.


Carm has escaped all the angst by playing golf (with John W today!) at Upper Canada Golf course. Heˋll be home in time to sit down to supper - what a life eh!


You may be wondering how the pie crust turned out… it was as I feared: tough. I should have stuck with Momˋs recipe for crust as I had that mastered a decade ago. Next time!



Sometime during the day… Iˋve decided that I donˋt really like apples all that much, probably not enough to go through all the effort of getting them into the freezer. So that was me, suddenly off the hook. Just in time for a few hours of mindless reading. Nothing too intellectually stimulating… no, just some mindless drivel.



Awesome!


“the slivered garlic in my ramen soup”

“biting into a big mouthful of perfectly cooked ramen noodles”

“a shiny red apple”

“cherry tomato plant tumbling onto the deck like ˋday of the triffidsˋ”

“sleeping dogs - they looks so peaceful”

“my little speaker”

“Adiaˋs eyes are the exact colour as her fur”

“the soundtrack from Guardians of the Galaxy… Brandy a fine old song”


No comments: