Thursday, September 16, 2021

is it over yet

 I am well and truly fed up with COVID ruining plans. Months ago Olaf and I planned a ‘party’ to celebrate his birthday and my last year before I turn 60 birthday… we started out with lots of people on our invite list but as time passed and the Delta variant got carried away, we scratched the idea of anyone other than family. A sibling night was in the cards!


Skip to today… one of the children that would be attending got a letter from her school about a case in her school, not in her class mind you. Poor girl sounded overwhelmed and anxious about the news. It’s a lot to put on a kid.


So, with an abundance of caution we’ve cancelled. So I’m sitting here with a scowl on my face, glum. I’ve been getting food ready all week, luckily most can be frozen for next time. But GOSH! Flibberty flabber (not my exact words)! My pink and sequin outfit sits dejected on the shelf waiting for our next try.



I can’t seem to move forward knowing we are vaccinated. Have you felt the freedom or are you still being cautious?


So… remember I mentioned getting cordless clippers? Well, they arrived yesterday and were charged by this morning. I wanted to clip the top of Spike’s head so got them out, along with the plastic guide. Turned them on… super loud. Got Spike in my lap and started trying to get through his long hair. He was uncomfortable and then totally freaked out, pooping in my lap and screaming. He ran around the room screaming and pooping. I have never heard him make a sound like that. What an IDIOT I am. I feel terrible that I scared him so badly, poor little guy.


I was afraid that I’d totally ruined him but after half an hour of conditioning and several handfuls of treats, I was able to do a bit of a job on his head, and even carefully around his eyes. It’s amazing that he forgave me so quickly.



A flock of geese passed overhead yesterday morning.


A trip outside with Adia tonight revealed that an apple tree that suddenly grew more than apples :-) A pretty balloon and a wonderful birthday gift was hung in the branches by Trudie and Leo :-) Just what I needed on this rather glum day.



Awesome!


“morning sun lighting up a foggy field”

it’s a short list today cause really...




1 comment:

Merikay said...

I know it is a small inconvenience, but today Craig wand I will be on a hunt for a plce to get our hair cuts. We look terrible! My plan is that if we walk in and see no masks on the hairdressers, or clients, we will walk back out. I have a list of four places. Hopefully one will work out for us or we will continue to look homeless.