Friday, June 3, 2022

a good start

 The morning and early afternoon were gorgeous with a blue sky. Alas… a huge thunderstorm rolled in just as I was getting settled in a chair outside (and after the 2nd long walk of the day). Boo hiss! The rain has turned the roads into a mucky mess and wouldn’t you know it, Adia has to go out for a poo sometime soon.  I can see a little slip of blue sky but the thunder is still loud.


Adia has been great, and aside from another rabbit and some guinea fowl has been reasonably good on her leash. Lupa has been surprisingly good with just a few barky outbursts at a passing dog. We are right on it so with any luck she’ll settle down. On our walks we’ve passed several barking dogs but aside from pulling on the leash, she’s been good. 


The two walks have both dogs tired - yay! Adia is asleep under the table, Lupa goes between our laps, or looking out the window.



Carm had a fun coffee time this morning and I’ve visited a few people on the lane but it hasn’t been a super social day for me. I’m happy.


I did end up with some ribs yesterday! Marilyn didn’t finish hers so passed them on to me and I was too hungry to worry about eating leftovers ;-)



Later in the afternoon: It’s pouring cats and dogs with a bit of hail thrown in. The mud has extended beyond what might be considered reasonable. The roads are a lake 😱  - I expect to see some mud pout swimming.


After supper: the rain stopped around 5 leaving the place submerged. I wondered if my boots would be tall enough! They were :-)  The dogs wolfed down their supper, then the dogs and I headed out for a walk while Carm hunted down supper with the truck.


The route I took for our route had some big puddles on a river rock type base. In other words, mud free! The dogs are getting better at walking on a leash. 



The dogs have been great all day. They quietly chilled all afternoon as we were trapped in the trailer by the torrents of rain and a shake of hail.



Awesome!


“ribs after all!”

“beautiful walk in the ‘back 40’”

“Adia being such a good dog”

“Lupa greeting people without barking”

“sleeping puppy cuddled onto my lap”

No comments: