Sunday, June 26, 2022

home from vacation

 A whole week has passed since my last post. I started writing a few times but somehow didn’t have the energy (I’d been having very early mornings), or there was something else to do, or my mind was blank… yes, lots of blank… my brain was on vacation like I was. In total I spent 20 nights on the villetta since June 2nd. And I loved every minute.


watching Kirsten mow from the comfort of our ‘patio’



For some reason most of my anxiety and stress dissipated over the weeks away, perhaps because of the company and also the simplicity of RV living. Two of those weeks were spent at Kirsten’s, keeping her company while her family were busy elsewhere. We chatted about everything and anything, spent time together, and alone. It was a wonderful vacation!


The dogs managed the 20 days well. At Kirsten’s we had the mowed trails to wear off energy and at the Ti reunion there were lots of long leash walks. Lupa is still frantic about being left alone and we didn’t practice the dogs together enough. Lupa is a little forward with other dogs when they’d prefer to be ignored. She has taken a shine to giant Atlas though. (darn, I meant to get a photo of them together!)


Carm was back and forth a few times - no golf and a lonely house was motive enough for the long drive which isn’t really that long at all.


Grace enjoyed her time camping as she got to spend time outside several of the days. 



The weather was on again/off again with some lovely hot days, a few cold days, and at least one day with a tornado warning. Our little rubber mat patio saw some good use, including a lovely morning spent with Ruth. 


Kirsten’s knee slowly recovered but is still painful for her. She’s a real trooper, pressing herself to do more every day, even through the discomfort. While she was incapacitated I got to do stuff with the ponies every day… it felt like old times when I was filling the hay nets (although I remember now why I got wall feeders instead of hay nets - those things are hard to fill!) In the morning with a heavy dew, and after rain, my shoes would fill with bits of damp chaff for a day’s reminder of having horses.


When we got home Lupa raced around the house, picking up one toy and then another to make another run through the living room. She missed her toys! She did have some on the trailer, but maybe these ones are special.



Awesome!


“Lupa running like crazy down the mown path”

“Adia with the zoomies”

“my snug little villetta”

“drunken noodles”

No comments: