Thursday, June 2, 2022

tally ho to the rally o

 A light drizzle accompanied us for the two thirds of our trip to the rally, but it dried up (mostly), letting us get unhitched. The air was only a mist but gosh almighty - our sight has lots of bare mud and deep puddles. Unfortunately we didn’t get the same site as last time but we’ll survive (with hip waders!).


Getting out of the house and down the road was challenging at times. There’s so many little things to remember and our memories were dim. However we got safely on the road right on the planned time. After pulling out of the laneway we realized that I had forgotten to turn on the back camera… simple fix… put down the steps, pull out the handle, unlock door, extend slide 10ish inches… Done, now for the reverse… I forgot one crucial step and didn’t see it until several miles down the road! YIKES! I didn’t retract the slide!!!! Luckily no damage.


I’m getting a bit stunned.


So we got here, unhitched and set up with no problems. So far Lupa hasn’t been horrible with barking even though she’s seen lots of dogs and met lots of people. She’s out of her element though so we’ll see what happens as the days wear on and she starts to feel it’s her territory. I guess I should focus on how well it went today and not awfulize.


I did have to take both dogs out for a walk by myself and that almost ended up badly… a rabbit jumped out from a bush right below Adia’s nose. It’s a miracle that I stayed upright as she is STRONG. Oh my gosh it takes all my strength if she wants to pull. I’ll dig out a prong collar for her at least for when I’m walking the dogs by myself.


Man, I’m starving. Most people went to RAXX for their rib special. I stayed behind with the potential barking dog and ate cheesies and licorice. Not satisfying at all… edited to add: no takeout for me - they ran out of ribs!



Awesome!


“making it to the campground with only a few oops!”

No comments: