Tuesday, June 7, 2022

the sixth great lake

 It’s Tuesday already… on two days left of the social sunami! Carm has been getting his fill of conversation while I stay back with the dogs. I could take them with me (and I have), but my need for group small talk has diminished with the black cloud I’ve been under. That’s okay, I’ve just learned to take it in stride.



Marilyn came over for tea in the afternoon while Carm and Mark went shopping. I guess Carm’s got some pent up shopping bug as he came home with waterproof sneakers. It’s actually a good buy as he often gets out of walking the dogs cause he has nothing other than regular runners. They’ll live on the camper for the summer.



There’s heavy rain in the forecast so we’ll be underwater AGAIN… we will be sure not to book this site again. There’s standing water everywhere. The sewage tote that we have along for the ride (full hookups here!) was sitting under the trailer… the high water mark on the tires is about 2 INCHES up from the ground. That’s not the only place with puddles - when it rains the water pools under the truck making it impossible to get in without wet feet.


Sunday supper was potluck at the end of the lane. I thought I’d risk some disturbance and left the dogs locked up. Lupa in her crate, Adia loose in the darkened bedroom. I spoke to both neighbours and I guess they were pretty quiet. I did leave them for close to an hour, so I considered that to be a huge win!



And Lupa? Well, she seems a bit more reactive to other dogs, but it’s hard to know if that would have happened as she became more comfortable here or if it was the evil dog. Luckily that dog left later in the day Sunday, but not before going crazy at us as I walked up to the coffee gathering with both dogs. The dog was almost in front of where everyone was sitting so they got to see/hear the aggressive barking. I had to carry Lupa past as she was acting scared.


This is not as wet as it got!


Aside from rarely leaving them alone, the dogs have been very good campers. Of course they love their walks. We’ve done enough walking that they are mostly quiet while I chill out. It’s gone much much better than I hoped/feared.


End of the day… we packed up the dogs into the truck and went to the Outlet mall. We went a little crazy at the Columbia store! Then Edna and Andy came for supper. Now it’s time to recharge for another fun filled day.



Awesome!


“having a nice walk with the dogs”

“finishing supper outside just as big raindrops fell”


No comments: