Sunday, June 5, 2022

attack of the evil dog

 Saturday afternoon… My hands are still shaking while I type this… we were just out for a walk and another dog attacked Lupa! She was screaming in fear but luckily she didn’t get hurt - luckily the other dog was small and didn’t get a chance to get a bite in. We’ve been working so hard on her getting over her fear of other dogs… not sure what the effect of this attack will be… but needless to say I was pretty angry and flipped out at the woman who didn’t even say sorry, just that it was okay and to calm down. WHAT! Your fucking dog just attacked my puppy and it’s okay. Oh gosh… I’m starting to wind up again.


Other than that things have been going well. We went on a ‘pack walk’ with Sylvie and her two dogs this morning then hung out at the coffee meetup for a while. Both dogs were great. Marilyn and Mark dropped by for a visit after lunch - we were able to find a few dry spots to put our chairs! Actually, the water has somewhat receded leaving giant puddles instead of lakes. Across the way from us their kayak was floating yesterday after the rains! And our carpet was actually floating!


Last night it was too wet for a campfire so we chilled in the camper burping giant garlic burps from the chicken shwarma that Carm brought home. It was good but didn’t hold a candle to our local shwarmerie.


I still feel like crying with anger. I think that most people I know would be shocked at my ferocious response to that ‘lady’. And the bad language that spewed from my mouth! WHY would you not keep your dog tied up if you knew it was aggressive? Dogs are supposed to be on leash in the park for obviously good reason! 


I might not have gotten so angry if she would have apologized because accidents do happen.



Sunday morning… well, it seems that the attacking dog lives in a trailer just 4 down from us - I guess they were visiting a friend. Last night as I was taking the dogs out a man ran over to me to apologize for the dog which I thought was a nice gesture. I also apologized for my outburst and shared with him why it was so upsetting for me to see Lupa screaming while a dog attacked her… duh.


Unfortunately their trailer is between us and where all the gatherings happen :-(


I think Lupa is a bit more reactive to the other dogs she sees since yesterday, especially those passing by the camper. On a walk she’s a bit more reactive but okay… when we went by the attack dog who barked like crazy at us, she reacted. I had to pick her up to calm her down (it worked).


We had another pack walk with Sylvie this morning. It was lovely chatting while we walked through a beautiful setting.


I’ve forgotten to mention the pollen… it is pouring down from the pine trees dotted around the park. Everything is covered in a green haze. So much for washing the camper!


Now off to enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!



Awesome!


“the villetta”

“a cool breeze to keep the mosquitos down”

“the poo tin”

1 comment:

Granny_J said...

I would report the dog that attacked Lupa to the park managers. No dog should be off leash as the park rules state. It might attack another dog and the outcome be much worse. I wouldn't worry about the language you used. You were obviously upset. I'm 81 years young and when a vicious dog (pit bull) came running at me and my little Shih Tzu I took my wooden cane and smacked it really hard. It was not on a leash and the owner said he was going to call the police on me. I told him they were already on the way. I also used my best biker language and let him have it. The police arrived and the dog was still not on a leash and they wrote the man a ticket for not having control of his dog. (It was still gnashing it's teeth at my dog while I was holding it.)