Thursday, June 30, 2022

hay hay hay what a good time

 The dogs have settled back into their home routine and have recovered from their fatigue leaving them a bit racy at times. Alas, the hay was cut a few days ago and still hasn’t been bales leaving the dogs barred from their playground.


Let’s see… we were home on Saturday… Sunday and Monday were spent getting the house and food ready for Olaf, Stephanie, and Freya. Which drops us off on Tuesday, a day of fun and laughter with OSF. The weather mostly cooperated but could have been a tad warmer - still, we had some pool time and made a massive whirlpool. It was a grand ole time!



My little villetta vacation is definitely over… the anxiety that took leave for a few weeks has come back with a vengeance. It sucks feeling that being unconscious in one manner or the other is the desired escape. I’m doing an experiment with terpenes - we’ll see… update 7pm… interesting… it might be working.


Our veggie patch could use some heat units but there are some tiny zucchinis starting to grow. I’m excited/apprehensive about our harvest. The tomato plants have lots of big tomatoes that have started to turn red. Can’t wait for the first bacon & tomato sandwich fresh from the garden.



Speaking of produce, I still have some of last year’s bounty in the freezer. I didn’t use all the diced tomatoes - honestly, I usually forgot about them and used canned. We’ve got 1 ragu left, and a few roasted tomatoes that I use for soup. I hardly used the cherry tomatoes that we froze - they weren’t picked at an ideal time and are terribly acidic… I’ll probably toss them into the compost so their goodness makes more tomatoes next year.


Oh yes, and I have a few bags of grated zucchini. I had put a ‘fritters’ entry in my menu planning calendar, but each time it got closer I moved the entry another week or two. Maybe I’ll make a pot of minestrone and throw it all in. I’ll hold off until we have actual squash in our hands!


photo taken by Freya


Yesterday I ventured into Costco again. Well gosh! I came out with an armful of treasures. Shoes (imagine!) and shorts and flat pretzels slid through the cash out and into the car. At PetSmart we got a big food safe container for the dog food. We’ve been storing it in empty pool shock bins - are they safe? Never really thought about it but probably not.


The hay was cut a few days ago and as I write this they are loading the 11 bales onto wagons.



Awesome!


“finding the exact dog food container that we were looking for”

“$5 soft dog toy has lasted over 24 hours”

“Freya enthralled with Grace”

No comments: