Monday, April 11, 2011

The First Hint of Green

We had a wild thunderstorm this morning at exactly the time I would have been having my bath and getting ready for work. I would have hated to get into the tub with the lightning flashing with such intensity right overhead. I wonder what I would have done? Probably just taken the risk and got cleaned up. It was nice to be able to lay in bed and just listen (still scary though - it was right overhead). Do you follow the National Lightening Safety Institute Tips for staying safe during a storm?

On a good note - all of that rain and bluster brought forth some green grass! The greening of the land has begun - soon it well be so green that it will be hard to look at (not really, but it will be amazingly green). "Green Day" is normally around the first few days of May - I wonder if this year will be different?

Another blog (Hopping Through Life) is partaking in this challenge list that she got from another blog and so on and so on. It looks like fun, plus I don't have much to say today so I'll give it a go.

A. Age: 48 (gee, I think of myself as being in my early 30's)
B. Bed size: newly upgraded to King - luxurious and no more elbows in my back
C. Chore you dislike: vacuuming
D. Dogs: these days, 3 (Bella, Kabira, Spike)
E. Essential start to your day: computer fix with coffee - does that count as two?
F. Favorite color: pink
G. Gold or silver:silver
H. Height: 5' 2"
I. Instruments you play(ed): I wish. I'm sure I was a great disappointment to my dad who is incredibly musical
J. Job title: wife, friend
K. Kids: none
L. Live: Eastern Ontario
M. Mom's name: Patrica
N. Nicknames: I've never had one - oh how I longed for one when I was a kid
O. Overnight hospital stays: 2 nights last spring for tooth infection
P. Pet peeves: rude, impatient people
Q. Quote from a movie: "Are her lips chafed and dry as the desert sand, or are they moist and red like a pomegranate?" The Ten Commandments
R. Righty or lefty: righty
S. Siblings: a sister and two brothers
T. Time you wake up: I need lots of sleep - usually around 10 hours
U. Underwear: nice quality cotton - not bikini
V. Vegetables you don't like: I don't think I've ever met a vegetable I don't like unless coconut counts
W. What makes you run late: I'm usually on time
X. X-rays you've had: I don't think I've had any aside from tooth
Y. Yummy food you make: I have a whole recipe book of favorites
Z. Zoo animal favorites: elephant

If you want to join in, be sure to post a comment with a link to your list (or add one to the hoppily post)!

Today's word of the day is haphazard (hap-HAZZ-erd adjective : marked by lack of plan, order, or direction). This post has been haphazardly completed. I was well into getting it written this morning, but then I got distracted by that darn scrapbooking software and before I knew it the day was done with hardly anytime left to properly craft my post - it's all willy-nilly.

My pleasures today: seeing the first hint of green in the grass ; talking on the phone with a friend - laughing about the dance game on Kinect ; having an afternoon of quiet with Carm out of the house ; keeping to my diet all day.

1 comment:

Donna McNicol said...

Every time I read one, I try to remember my answer and sometimes swear I didn't post that letter. LOL!