Monday, June 6, 2011

First Kill or Natural Born Killers

This morning the dogs made their first kill… a little groundhog that has been living around the barn with it’s mother. I’m not sorry to see it gone – they can be destructive (it had already made tunnels under the floor of the barn). The dogs are full of themselves and feeling very doggy and proud of themselves – they are not poodles but mighty wolves taking down fierce bears.

We were in the city today and I was struck by how lovely everything smells this time of the year – the flowers are so fragrant. After a visit with my parents, Carm dropped me off downtown and headed out to lunch with some work buddies. I had 45 minutes to burn until my doctor appointment so I grabbed some Korean food at a little dive. The food was good but the place was strangely empty.

Today's word of the day is banshee (BAN-shee noun - : a female spirit in Gaelic folklore whose appearance or wailing warns a family that one of them will soon die). Do you remember the Disney film called “Darby O'Gill and the Little People”? Like most of Disney’s old movies it was a charming story set in Ireland. A fun movie for the whole family. I miss the old Sunday night Disney hour.

No comments: