Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Refection

Today’s word of the day is refection (rih-FEK-shun noun - 1: refreshment of mind, spirit, or body; especially : nourishment ; 2a : the taking of refreshment b : food and drink together : repast). We have invited Carm’s family over on Sunday for lunch – it will be time for both reflection and refection as we reminisce about their  father’s life and break bread together to reaffirm our connection with each other.

There will be 25 of us for lunch If everyone comes – yikes! I’ve started my planning with menu plans, grocery lists and to-do lists – I need these tools to keep me organized and on track. I use my Advanced Diary software to help – it has my life in it, including planning sheets that I can re-use to help me get started – I’m an IT girl all the way through!

Today we got a few more things done on the deck – including pressure washing the worst of it. It is slowly becoming presentable – nothing like company coming to motivate!

Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart.
Mort Walker

No comments: