Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lipstick and Shoes

Busy day taking Carm’s mom back to the city, and shoe & lipstick shopping – neither of which are favourite pastimes of Carm… so with husband and mother-in-law in tow we all lucked out at the first shoe store. A simple pair of white sandals that I may even be able to wear again (they look okayish with jeans on, a light colour dress pant would be good too). They should look great with the sequin dress. At the next stop I snagged some matching nail polish and lipstick that match beautifully with the sample of sequins that I had in my purse. I’m going to look like a girl (okay, not a girl, a fairly mature woman, but I can dream can’t I?). I’m ready now to dance away the night to celebrate Jennifer’s marriage!

20110629_shoes-lipstick_001

20110629_shoes-lipstick_002

We had a nice lunch at Carm’s mom’s place – she made us steak! and broccoli – it will just be a salad tonight for us…

Tomorrow we pack up for our third camping trip of the year – previous years we would be on our 6th or 7th – so much for the freedom of retirement. It will be really great to get away for a change of scenery – I think it will do both of us the world of good, but especially Carm.

I can, therefore I am.
Simone Weil

No comments: