Monday, July 30, 2012

A Slight Wavering at the Edges

In an email today Ruth commented about my depressed feelings. I know I mentioned them,  but really I'm okay. There's just a slight wavering of my mood at times. Everything feels good and then there's just a tiny ripple on the edge. Enough for me to know that I have to take some care and watch my thinking. By catching this mood early I should be able to keep things in check.

There are some things that I know I can do to keep my mood in check. For starters, sitting around does not help. I have to get busy and do something, even tidying up the place is a good start. Sometimes though I just can't think of anything to do so I slip further into the fog. I think my mood has something to do with not being able to think of anything though.

Other things that are good to do are: going for a drive or other outing, walking outside can help but sometimes not, putting on some fast music and dancing a bit. I have a list of other things that I refer to in those times of need.

BUT! Right now I'm good :-)

Perhaps I'm just more aware of the tiny changes than others.

Today we washed the outside of the camper, so it is now spic and span for our next trip. We ran a few errands, and then made dinner plans with friends. A good day with beautiful weather.

Oh, and Dorothy, today I'm wearing a pale pink lipstick... it helps ;-)