Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Crying Eyes

Kirsten and the girls visit started with a few tears, but ended with a torrent, of tears that is. For the last 24 hours we were all tired and emotional. Shenna was blue and teary on and off, Nissa had red eyes. Erik & Juliette, well, lets just say that I heard they cried themselves to sleep. And my eyes? I shouldn't have worn mascara...

Sunday morning after their bags were all loaded in the van we all clung to each other, weeping and telling each other how much we loved each other. We were all wiping tears away, except 8 year old Erik. He told us quietly that his eyes weren't crying, but his heart was.  I tried to tell the kids that our tears meant that we had all had a great time and that was something to be happy about. I don't think they bought it... But it's true.

We did have a fantastic visit. I spent every minute I could with them. We had sleepovers on the camper, at my house and at my Mom's house. We shopped, we ate Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons, Cinnabuns, and any other treat that can't be found in New Zealand. We laughed (alot), cried (a bit), goofed around, swam and played in the pool. We had late nights talking over tea and early mornings talking over coffee.

Over the next few days I'm going to sit down with my calendar and piece together the last three weeks to do a bit of reminisce so that I have a record to print out, so bear with me!

1 comment:

Merikay said...

Your blog is your own. You can write and post whatever you want. Never apologize.