Monday, July 2, 2012


I believe that last I wrote it was late Thursday night and I was waiting to see if Kirsten made her connection. Unfortunately her plane was late and they missed the last flight here. Everyone was very disappointed, but none as much as Kirsten and the girls. After 24 hours travelling they got shuttled off to a cheap hotel to spend a few hours hopefully sleeping before rushing off to catch the flight here.

And wouldn’t you know it, that flight was an hour late!

As it was we got to the airport just in the nick of time. While Mom was parking the car, Dad and I rushed off to arrivals. No sooner were we situated at the bottom of the escalator when down they come. Hugs all around – I gasped at how big the girls had grown – but what did I expect? It had been 4 1/2 years. I’m not ashamed to admit that I cried. It was so good to see Kirsten again. We talk on the phone regularly, but it just isn’t the same as face to face. I couldn’t stop staring at them all, I was just that glad to see them. They must be thinking their Aunt is a little bit off her rocker!


There were a few surprises for them over the day. Firstly, Kenda, their other Aunt arrived from Montreal. The second surprise was a visit to the RCMP Sunset Ceremonies. Several years ago the girls had the honour of naming one of the musical ride foals. As the years passed it seemed that Dancer might not make the ride – he was a little too small. But he did! And this is his first year.

Kenda rode in the Musical ride a few years back, so she had connections. We got a private tour of the stables and a personal introduction to Dancer and his female rider.



By 7:30 pm the show started. Unfortunately we were only able to get a spot with the sun in our eyes. We all wished for clouds! It was a good show, until the ride came in. WOW! They are Fantastic! If you ever get a chance to see them – GO. They were the opening act for the Queen’s Jubilee show – they are just that good. Anyway, they made sitting though a loud, crackly, screechy speaker blaring at us all worthwhile.




The day must have seemed to go on forever, but they all held out with only a short nap.


Now I have 3 weeks to get my fill of them – sounds impossible doesn’t it!