Sunday, December 2, 2012

How many feet of snow would it have been?

It would have been a blizzard today, but as it was the rain poured down for hours (I wonder how many inches of snow it would have translated to). Have you ever noticed that on a dark, dreary day, that even with the lights on it is still dim, but, as soon as it is dark outside those same lights create a bright, cheerful ambiance?

Have you started watching Christmas movies yet? I watched (most) of "Its a wonderful Life" last night - the rest is saved for tonight. I can't count the number of times I've seen it, but each viewing is as if it were for the first time. Delightful. I also caught 1/2 hour of the first "Vacation", which isn't exactly Christmas (okay, it isn't at all) but Chevy Chase makes me laugh to just look at him. His is so darn funny! His crazy expressions remind me of my dad when he's goofing around.

With the warmer weather we could have put out the slides on the camper and even ran the furnace for a while to do so, but the grey, wet skies kept me inside, curled up on the futon with dogs cuddled up against me. I guess there are worse ways to spend a day!

The other day I picked up a giant "vacuum" bag at the dollar store, you know, the kind where you attach the vacuum and suck out all the air. I wanted it for the comforter and various pillows that came with the new camper so that I could pack them away safely for resale. It worked like a charm leaving me with a big, flat package that will easily be packed away... except... the air seeped back in. This was a cheap dollar store bag, do the more expensive ones work better? It seems like such an ideal solution for storing so much stuff. Any recommendations?


Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
Anthony J. D'Angelo

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Yes the more expensive ones do work. I buy the brand name 'Space Bag'.

Merikay said...

If you just want to reuse the one you have to keep the comforter and pillows for storage and not take it out and put it back again, you can suck the air out and then wrap it with packing tape in a few directions. This will keep the bag smaller. I have done this with regular garbage bags and it works.