Saturday, April 21, 2018

thar she blow

A cup of green tea laced with sweet honey steeps in front of me. I hold a faint hope that it will soothe my throat and calm the wicked cough that is threatening to overcome me. I am exhausted: partly from being awake much of the night and partly from the cold meds I have been taking. It is day 9 and I’m ready to be well again… or at least let me sleep without hacking my lungs out.

Wednesday we visited our accountant to sign off on our taxes and then did a giant run through Costco. The fridge was pretty empty but no so anymore. So now I have the ingredients to cook and am just lacking the will. Well stocked freezer to the rescue! We ate frozen soup last night and I’ll pick out another variety for tonight. Add a kale salad and supper is ready.

Yesterday was ‘record store day’ or something to that effect. I was reminded of the first albums that I bought with my own money. It was in the supper of 1975 at the KMart at Portage & somewhere, in Winnipeg. I bought two albums and they couldn’t have been more different. 10cc How Dare You album was alternative rock, while the Partridge Family’s album was kiddy pop - I was never truly conventional.

The weather has turned! It actually looks like spring out there, although I haven’t even ventured the tip of my nose out yet (still in pjs). The sun is shining and it looks like the temp is rising up to 11C. Wowzers.

No comments: