Saturday, June 8, 2019

glorious sunshine

Miracously the skies cleared leaving a bright blue sky with not a cloud to be seen.This year the rally is 1 week later and it seems that was a good idea (I voted no as I didn’t want to miss my peonies, but everything is a week or more behind so I’ll likely catch them in their prime).

It’s 10:45 and I’m sitting outside in the dappled hade of a maple; there is a slight breeze whiffling the leaves and cooling the skin. Very pleasant. So far today we haven’t done any socializing, but I expect that to change in a little while. Meanwhile, I’ll bask in the loveliness of the day.



Yesterday we set out to get a few things at Canadian tire, but by the time we finished visiting with everyone who stopped by it was lunch time. Perfect! A quick check of google maps turned up a shwarma  place in the outlet mall, and since we hadn’t had breakfast…

After our tummies were full we wandered to a few shops in the outlet: an Adidas store for Carm (new golf shoes), and Laura for me (2 lovely tops, perhaps a bit dressy for around the campsite but good for almost anywhere else). It was turning into an expensive day. We easily found the Canadian tire and on our way to asile 17 where the tarp clamps were, we passed the Keurig’s on sale for a huge discount. One box was added to our cart. Oh, I should have mentioned coming in the door there were some melamine plates that coordinate with the interior of the camper PERFECTLY! And you know how I love plates and stuff like that.

The truck groaned under the weight of our purchases so we turned towards home (our villetta home).

I had a nap and then the fun began again. Christine organized a bunch of people to come to our site for a ‘bring your own supper’ gathering. Four picnic tables skirted the site and the conversation flowed. We did the same thing last  year when a bunch of people left for somewhere else. The tables are still there, easily placed to be distributed for the pot luck tonight.



We had the usual rally campfire and then Edna and I came back to our place to watch the Raptors game. We had hardly gotten settled when Carm, Mark, and Marilyn joined us. There was much cheering when they won :-)


Now for the bad… Bella’s incontinence has gotten worse since she’s been on the prednisone. We don’t have laundry facilities handy so I lay awake the second night wracking my brain for solutions. Some sleuthing on the PetSmart site gave me the answer: a fabric crate (they have vinyl floors) and extra large puppy pads for the bottom. It works! The pads absorb any leakage  and are cheap and easy to replace. She’s adapted to the crate.

She’s not much good for any walking, but thankfully there is a good potty area off the back of the site. In fact none of the dogs are up for a long walk, or even a medium one. Yesterday afternoon I went out with Kabira and Spike to do the ‘big’ loop and it wasn’t pretty. I won’t take them again. Even Spike, or especially Spike, was dragging ½ way through. He’s only 11, but I guess  he’s getting old too. It’s all rather sad and I don’t see any happiness in the future.


I better remind myself often to ‘live in the moment’.

No comments: