Saturday, June 15, 2019

photogenic

Home sweet home… for us and the dogs. Everyone has settled back into their routines, including Grace (although I suspect she’d rather be camping). Kabira’s guts have settled and Bella is her old self. I probably put myself through much of the angst without cause. They really didn’t need to go outside every two hours - we are back to three times out a day with no issues. Well, when Kabira had her gut ache some of our trips outside were just in the nick of time.

It is raining, but I suppose that is no big surprise this year. The grass is like a hayfield so Carm has his work cut out for him in the next few days, that is, if it ever dries up.

I’m back into a routine but it’s not a good one. I’m tired and don’t feel particularly up-beat. In fact, it is quite the opposite. A bit of lunch-bag-letdown I guess. Time to start focusing on the fun yet to be had this summer - namely a visit from Kirsten and her girls :-)

I’ve started contacting Rhodesian Ridgeback breeders about puppies - they are few and far between and I’m glad to be getting onto a few waiting lists for next year. I have mixed feelings about getting a puppy, but when I get thinking about all the fun in early training I feel a bit excited. This puppy will have the benefit of the experience I had training Spike to be a SD. I’m looking forward to it!

Speaking of Spike… I’ve been going thru years of photos putting together albums of each of the dogs and it is hilarious to see him posing for every single one. I’m lucky to get a good shot of the big dogs, but Spike is always ears up and ready for a photograph. ❤


I have found a few of the other dogs, and lots with the three of them.



Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: