Friday, June 28, 2019

overused tissues

Between last nights thunderstorm and the downpour this afternoon, my beloved peonies look like overused tissues. The petals are battered and the whole flower droops like its been at the ball too long.


The last week of activities caught up with me last night - I felt like one of my past its prime peonies - I couldn’t keep my eyes open so toddled off to bed before 9. The last I saw of the clock was 9:06 until this morning when I peeled my eyes open at just past 9! I obviously needed a massive recharge.


There wasn’t much on the agenda today, just golf for Carm, and a less strenuous manicure for me. Then Carm cut the grass and I painted my toes. Not quite an even splitting of duties 😉

The dogs were quiet today and perhaps Spike was wondering when Freya would come again. He’s not used to kids at all but goes along with things for a bit.



There was something rather blousy about roses in full bloom, something shallow and raucous, like women with untidy hair”
~Daphne du Maurier

No comments: