Wednesday, June 12, 2019

joyfulness

Soft jazz played in the background while we sat around the table enjoying another supper together. Edna, Andy, Marilyn and Mark gathered around our table again, sharing another feast. It was M&M’s last night so it seemed right to spend time together.

It was sunny, but not as warm as it had been. A cool wind and sheer exhaustion kept me inside for much of the afternoon but I eventually emerged to sit with Edna for some congenial conversation.

Kabira’s upset seemed to settle down, although today she’s had a few tummy trouble’s prompting a trip to the pharmacy for some Imodium. I guess she must have eaten something, or perhaps picked up a bug from here. It never ends… I’ll be glad to get home and get them back to a regular routine.

We were outside early today to spend some time at Tony’s for a coffee gathering and to see M&M off on their journey home. It was one of the rare times that I joined a big group - I haven’t exactly been avoiding them, but I don’t find myself desperate for the conversation confusion.


This afternoon I’ve barely stuck my head outside and instead had a long nap. Oh gosh, I’m beat!

The dogs are up and down the ramp like champs. They seem to like it and are unruly when coming outside, rushing down before I even make it to the ground on the little bit of stair left to me. Now that we have all our ‘opportunities’ worked out things with the dogs are going smoothly. Bella is doing great and is managing well. She’s bright and happy.

Everyone got together for pizza and a final campfire tonight. I wimped out once the mosquitoes showed up and am holing up in the camper, perhaps about to get ready for bed.


Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born.”
~Mary Oliver

No comments: