Thursday, June 13, 2019

solitude

By 10 am this morning the last rig had pulled out and headed home leaving us suddenly on our own. It is strange having no dinner plans other than leftovers on our own. No crowds of people or intimate suppers for six are on the agenda for tonight. No group of people gathered in the camper to watch the basketball finals. Just us… alone.

We made a quick trip to the grocery store for some pumpkin - for the dogs guts. They gobbled it down plain, no tripe or other flavour addition needed. Hopefully this will firm up the rest of the dogs. Kabira has been good since the imodium.


A nap was on the agenda early afternoon. The sound of rain pitter pattering on the roof lulled me into a deep sleep. I’m still tired - I expect it will take me a few days to recover.

It was a great rally despite all the ups and downs with the dogs. I suppose though that I wasn’t in a terribly social mood; I was more than happy with small groups - in fact I had some periods of PEF (peaceful easy feeling a.la Eagles) while sitting with people under the maple tree. I had times when I felt supremely relaxed and no, not alcohol fueled. Having suppers and gathering here was great. Large groups were another matter - I just wasn’t geared up for that.

We’ve already made our reservation for next year :-)


Once we got the crate and then the ramp, things went better with the dogs. They are older and need concessions but it was unfortunate that we had to figure all this out now. There were times when I wondered if this will be Bella’s last camping trip, but now I think she might make it to the fall. We shall see. If she does we’ll have to figure out what to do when we go away in November. But one day at a time.



There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more”
~Lord Byron

No comments: