Friday, July 10, 2020

a warm embrace

I floated around and around the pool, the warm water like heavy satin caressing my skin. It was brutal out there with the humidex over 44C… sweat would bead with no exertion. The pool made it up to 31C - warm but still slightly refreshing. I didn’t have a timer on my swim times but surely they added up to hours. It was the only way to stay outside.


Except for a few spells inside to make a Greek salad, and then later to make a pot of beans, I stayed out on the swing listening to music. There wasn’t much else one could do on a day like on a summer day like today.


I couldn’t stay out of the comments today and got into an argument with people who have medical exemptions against wearing masks. They thought it was a huge imposition on their privacy to simply say ‘I can’t wear a mask due to medical reasons’ which would make everyone happy.  



Headline tonight: Melbourne back on lock-down. 3,287,809 cases with 136,585 deaths in the US. There are a total of 107,125 (106,742 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,759 (8,746 yesterday) deaths today.



““I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.”

~Kellie Elmore

No comments: