Friday, July 17, 2020

intelligence is a conspiracy against the dim

I’ve GOT to stay out of the comments… Facebook put me into a rage this afternoon with stupid people posting that the pandemic is a hoax designed to control us. Oh, and that the government wants to inject us with a chip so they’ll know where we are at all times. Oh yes. I had to interject with FACTS which were quickly rejected by most commenters - thankfully there were a few people emboldened by my post to take a stand with me. But what I have learned, and sometimes forget, that these crazy people cannot be talked to. No facts for them. All conspiracy.


It’s disheartening to see so much stupidity.


We had a bit of rain overnight and this morning. It was lovely the rest of the day, not as hot, although humid. A nice summer day :-)


OH OH OH! The blade on my actifry broke the other night! I started freaking out right away so Carm got right on it and found a replacement on the t-fal site. It’s been ordered but who knows how long it will take to get here as it’s coming from France.


I’ve had a touch of ‘get organized’ fever the last few days. Bathroom cupboards, and now the first stage of the bathroom dresser organized thanks to Dollarama and their plethora of plastic boxes. I don’t think it’s hypomania (it sometimes is) but just a simple case of ‘I can’t stand it anymore’. I will never be a minimalist.


I didn’t have a photo for today so I searched back in my archives and came up with this one from July 2007, our first year with a camper. Mom and Dad came for the day to help us celebrate our anniversary.




 Headline tonight: Massive wildfire in California. Ontario enters phase 3. Highest number of cases world wide: 250,000 in one day! 3,766,605 cases with 141,977 deaths in the US. There are a total of 109,669 (109,264 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,839 (8,827 yesterday) deaths today.



“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.


The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control.

The world is rudderless.”

~Alan Moore

No comments: