Thursday, July 9, 2020

time in a bottle

I wondered if these would be moments that I’d save if I could save time in a bottle. I was floating in the pool, escaping from the 34+C heat, my favorite music playing and a glass of prosecco with aperol perched on the edge of the pool. A few perfect moments.


Peaceful easy feeling would wash over me only to be followed with sadness, a few tears mingling with the water. Today is the year anniversary of Kabira’s passing and at times it felt like it was just this morning that I sat with her in the van while the vet ushered her into the next world.. Memories of the horror of her last night melded with fond memories leaving me feeling melancholy.  

Not for long though: Adia poked her head against the window and I laughed. Kabira lives on in Adia’s ridgeback expressions.


dear, sweet Kabira

Yesterday we ran some errands, including a stop at Canadian Tire for a few masks (3 for $9.99). A few other quick stops (fully masked) and we were home to enjoy the sweltering day by floating in the pool. Such a hardship! For supper we joined Trudie & Leo for a socially distant meal at their 8’ outdoor table. Lots of distance and sanitizing wipes made for a safe evening. We had fantastic burgers! 

This afternoon I dug some old bananas out of the freezer and gave banana bread cooked in the instant pot a try. With no oven heating up the already hot house, just a space age tool spitting hot steam, it seemed reasonable to bake on this hot day. It turned out great.

But back to the pool… bliss. Floating around and around, a noodle under my arms, the coolish water washing over my limbs, favorite music blaring… well, what can be better. I’ll have to remember this day 6 months from now when the snow is swirling and I’m bundled in a flannel shirt.


Headline tonight: 3,218,703 cases with 135,720 deaths in the US. There are a total of 106,742 (106,154 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,746 (8,711 yesterday) deaths today.


“If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them with you…”
~Jim Croce

No comments: