Tuesday, July 28, 2020

dry crying

This morning I busied myself with food and treats for the animals - a warm mixed grain & bean mix for Grace, and semi-dehydrated hearts for the dogs. I’ve been trying to do at least ½ a dozen (or more), recall practices with Adia. Much more practice is required, but she get’s jackpotted some hearts so I expect some better progress soon. She has very good focus - on other things...


Adia has been doing some brush up on some other skills. We haven’t practiced ‘mat’ for months and Saturday’s visit with Kirsten highlighted the usefulness of that command - especially if I get a solid response. I haven’t reviewed lists of handy behaviours, but will reread the public access requirements for a service dog. It’s something to work towards. Attainable? Perhaps.



Yesterday we did a quick Costco run with a side trip to Bulk Barn (me), and FreshCo (Carm). We bought a 2lb package of yeast for a fraction of what we paid on Amazon. I don’t need it now but it will keep in the freezer for ages. And for only $4 it was hard to pass up! I took a bit of a risk and did some retail therapy and browsed the clothing aisle in Costco. Hand sanitizer and a mask reduced any potential exposure. 


Bulk Barn is super safe - hand sanitizer and gloves are at the entrance. With only one other person in the store it was easy to zip in and out with no contact.


Adia has a new blue collar.


The last few mornings I’ve taken to jumping into the pool while my coffee brews. It’s such a lovely way to wake up! And since the number of days in a year that I can do this are counted on my fingers and toes it’s best to enjoy :-)


Oh… and I haven’t stayed out of the comments and am in a fight about Andrea Boccelli. People believe that since he lives in a nice house he shouldn’t feel bad about having had Covid-19… So many mean, jealous people.


The rain gauge is STILL sitting forlornly dry crying about the lack of rain. 

 

 Headline tonight: 4,497,834 cases with 152,285 deaths in the US. There are a total of 114,994 (113,911 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,912 (8,890 yesterday) deaths today.



“The worst type of crying wasn't the kind everyone could see--the wailing on street corners, the tearing at clothes. No, the worst kind happened when your soul wept and no matter what you did, there was no way to comfort it. A section withered and became a scar on the part of your soul that survived. For people like me and Echo, our souls contained more scar tissue than life.”

Katie McGarry

No comments: