Wednesday, July 29, 2020

torrents of water from the sky

Tiny grasshoppers bumped against my legs as I walked thru the hayfield. The ground was soft from the rain today and I swear I could see the grass growing before my eyes. Everything seemed refreshed from the welcome rain and the rain gauge laughed with joy at the 66mm of rain that we received. That’s a little over 2 3/4 inches! In one day! The drought has been broken.


It started to rain around 9am and came down in buckets. Loud claps of thunder kept me from running outside to dance naked in the rain but once the storm passed I jumped into the pool to celebrate.



My arm is aching from my shoulder down to my wrist. Who knew that a simple jab of Shingrix would be so uncomfortable. It’s my second shot so thankfully that’s all done and dusted. At least until the covid vaccine is ready. I’m looking forward to that - it will mean freedom!


Watching a segment on tv - 29 year old woman died from covid-19 within a week. I need these reminders so I don’t let my guard down - how would I feel if something happened to Carm because I wanted a haircut or some other frivolity… Did you see the article citing a study of 100 people with various levels of illness that showed 75% of the people had long term heart damage… Time to change the channel.


Speaking of hair cuts, my hair is longer than it’s been for years and is driving me CRAZY. It’s almost long enough to tuck my bangs behind my ears but I don’t think it’s a good look for me… my forehead is as big as a planet! 


 

 Headline tonight: 4,567,750 cases with 153,720 deaths in the US. There are a total of 115,470 (114,994 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,917 (8,912 yesterday) deaths today.



“Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?”

~John Keats

No comments: