Sunday, July 12, 2020

fur was flying

Spike cringed on his bed this morning when Carm dragged out the grooming table. He has no fondness for the clippers and needs to have anti-anxiety meds to get the job done. I used to be able to clip him myself, but now he needs 2 hands to hold him. It’s a real trial for everyone. He has age related warts and I feel that I’ve nicked them in the past making the whole haircut thing a horror show for him.


While the floor was covered in hair I wrestled Carm into a chair and had a go at him with the clippers. It went well, until my hand shook and shaved a big square on the side of his head. What is the worst word to hear when someone is cutting your hair? I think ‘oops’ tops the list! He might need to use some of Spike’s anxiety meds now too ;-)


Then it was Adia’s turn… not for a haircut thank goodness, but horror of horrors - her nails. It was a sh^$ storm but we managed to get her done. Not without Carm getting raked by a freshly  cut nail. Hopefully he doesn’t scar!


On a less contentious point, I went to the grocery store today… my first time in over 4 months. It felt alien with everyone wearing a mask but safe at the same time. Life sure is different than it was at the beginning of March :-(


Today marks 17 weeks; 119 days. It’s now at the point where counting the days seems ridiculous, and even counting the weeks doesn’t make sense. It’s time to start counting in months. Hopefully it will never be years.



Headline tonight: 3,413,995 cases with 137,782 deaths in the US. There are a total of 107,590 (107,346 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,783 (8,773 yesterday) deaths today.



“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”

~Amit Ray

No comments: