Thursday, March 24, 2022

cuddles

 The freezingrain’ageton passed to the north of us (or was it the south?), sparing us from mm of ice. Instead we got rain leaving a muddy mess (even more muddy than before). We won’t be practicing ‘heel’ outside today.


It was supposed to be our last puppy class this morning but alas, it was cancelled. I’m not too sad about this as it gives us another week to practice so Lupa can shine in her last class. (not her last class ever but we’ll take a break until the weather is warmer so we can do the next set of classes outside). I wish the place I took Adia to before the pandemic hadn’t closed :-(



Yesterday’s outing was to the Pet Valu - no barking at people but a bit at another dog that came in. Unfortunately we were pinned against a shelf and couldn’t move away to give some space and more unfortunately the owners had it on a flexi-lead that they had no qualms about giving the dog full access to Lupa’s space - Lupa reacted badly to the intrusion. 


Earlier, on our way into the village to pick up 10 bottles of bubble bath(!) we saw a couple walking an adult schnauzer so we stopped for a chat. Lupa barked like crazy until I took her out of the crate and let her get closer. She was pretty wound up for a few minutes but did eventually sit and take treats. Overall I thought the encounter was a plus.



In the last 2 years of lockdown we haven’t been going out much (stating the obvious) so I’ve not been wearing my blundstone boots much, but with Lupa’s outings they’ve been on my feet more, and my feet have been excruciating. Coincidence? Maybe. To test I wore another pair of shoes and they seemed to be better. I’ve been wearing blunnies almost exclusively for 20 years so this is a huge blow!


Lupa’s ear has gone down :-( We had really hoped that at least one of them would stay perky.


She’s a bit of a poser like Spike was and has a solid enough stay for me to crouch down in front of her. I took the scissors to her face and she looks like a different(ish) dog! She was so shaggy.


We are starting to feel that she’s housebroken as she is asking to go outside all the time.


With the weather so awful, Lupa and I cuddled up on the sofa for much of the day - it's not that long ago that I would have been grateful for a few minutes of stillness and today I got a few hours worth.



Awesome!


“getting 10 bottles of bubble bath on sale”

“seeing a cute little schnauzer - here’s hoping that Lupa doesn’t get any bigger”

“Lupa cuddled against my legs on a cold wet morning”

“the perfect blend of flavours in the banana ice cream bar”

“geese down by the creek”


No comments: