Monday, March 7, 2022

matchy matchy

 The other day (I think I mentioned that I might do this), I created a database to track Lupa’s training progress. As I thought, this gives me better focus and motivation to spend the time with her. I could still improve.



Saturday we took Lupa into the village for some more exposure. We parked at Home Hardware and I walked her around the parking lot. There were some people walking around which made her bark at first, but gradually she settled down a bit. We need to do this often.


I’ve been giving her a little bit of CBD every morning which may or may not help.


We’ve had freezing rain, snow, and a glorious few hours of 14C with sun. Tendrils of spring are littantalizing us with what is to come. In some ways it’s been a very long winter, but on the other hand short. I’ve spent much of the time grieving (shouldn’t that be over by now), and the rest running after a little hellion! It’s getting better though - I’m not saying NO a few hundred times a day, maybe it’s only 30 times a day. I was sure I’d lose all other vocabulary I was saying it so often.


I’m still not cooking much - last night we had a pot roast (in the instant pot) with instant mashed potatoes and canned green beans. Hardly gourmet fare!



I don’t know if it’s because of what’s going on in the world or grieving, all compounded by the time of year, but I’ve been struggling with almost paralyzing anxiety and feelings of doom. Waves of the sickly feeling wash over me, almost buckling me at the knees. It seems to come out of nowhere and I can’t seem to work my way past it. I’m still taking CBD every morning, but it’s so bad that I’ve gone back to my big gun meds. They help a bit, but it takes adding THC to dull the awful feelings.



My obsessive need to match things had me surfing on Amazon for silver grey reflective para cord. It arrived a few days later and after a trip to the hardware store for a leash clip, I had it spread out on the floor, measured and ready to braid.


It took a few passes before I really got the hang of dealing with three 10 foot long strings that were being backwards braided, but once I did the cords transformed into a lovely silver leash for little Lupa!




Awesome!


“a warm springlike day!”


“I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.”

― Doris Day

No comments: