Sunday, March 20, 2022

treated to soup

 It’s almost 2pm on Sunday… I’ve made a big batch of Grace’s mash, 2 loaves of bread are doing their final rise, a tray of butter tart squares are cooling on the counter, and the laundry has been started. (Meanwhile, Carm has done a sh&? ton of dishes and taken care of washing the dog stuff!). 


On the face of it, it doesn’t seem particularly remarkable except that I woke up wanting to go back to bed, and amazingly I’ve hardly been paying attention to Lupa! She hasn’t gotten into anything (that I can see) but has mostly been hanging out on the carpet just outside the kitchen. She’s becoming that ‘good dog’ that the pet store magician said she’d be.


There was a time, not that long ago (days?) that I couldn’t take my eyes off Lupa for a second. She’d run from one destruction to the next barely taking time for a nap. I was exhausted from standing up and sitting down constantly! My throat was raw from shouting ‘NO’. Gosh, I’m glad those early puppy days are over.


There were days in the first few (several?) weeks that we had her that I would have sent her back to the breeder, but if I was asked now? No way. We’ve both grown fond of the little scamp, maybe even Adia has too.



It’s grey and miserable outside. The brilliant white snow has receded enough to leave muddy trails for the dogs to investigate. It’s dreary. I was in bad shape when I got up and knew I had to do something, so, I put on my favorite music and lit the vanilla essential oils lamp. It helped. A bit. That and getting busy with cooking. I can’t say that I was meditative as I went through the steps but at least I was able to dodge the yucky feelings that were circling me like hungry wolves.


Today, at 22 weeks (5 ½ months), Lupa weighed in at 13 pounds.



The day is done and I’ll end my babble with this… Pat came over for supper tonight bearing a big pot of delicious cauliflower carrot soup. Paired with grilled cheese from the bread I made today we were almost too full for dessert. First dessert was a tasty banana cranberry loaf that Pat brought, second dessert was the butter tart squares that I made today.


I was so stuffed after this conicopea of sugar that I couldn’t finish my coffee.




Awesome!


“bread dough”

“the trick from internet for softening brown sugar worked perfectly”


No comments: