Saturday, March 19, 2022

sweet little puppy

Despite the miserable day with cold rain and wind, Lupa and I headed out to a puppy play date at ‘school’. There were 2 puppies from our class and a bunch of ‘new to Lupa’ pups. She barked a bit at first then got right into it.


It was puppy pandemonium. Lupa stayed on the fringe but did sort of participate and was mostly out from under my feet. I thought she did well. After the initial mayhem she went up to a few people for pets - she’s quite social with people.



I was able to call her to me several times and even got good sits, downs, and eye contact! She was a super star :-) I can’t believe that I wanted to trade her in. With some more work the barking should diminish and maybe even extinguish (hope hope).


Once home and after several minutes of play with Adia, Lupa crashed. At one point she followed me into the bedroom and literally collapsed onto the floor - that’s one tired puppy!


We booked a cruise!!! With Kirsten and Shawn!!! So excited :-)  very excited :-)


My friend Christina came by for a visit this afternoon - I hadn’t seen her since pre-pandemic so I was pretty happy to see her. She’s a good puppy socialization and training pal as she has lots of experience and enjoys it as much as I do. 


Lupa barked for a few minutes (?) in her pen when Christina came in - I left her there until the barking somewhat subsided (ha ha). After I let her out she ran over for a friendly greeting and there was no more barking. I think she was tired though as she fell asleep on my lap and when I transfered her over to Christina, she barely woke up and stayed cuddled up with Christina for a while. 



Lots of exclamation points and smiles in today’s post (I usually try to limit them a little bit) - I guess it was a good day.



Awesome!


“puppy play date!”

“getting a good sit from Lupa with mayhem around us”

“booking a cruise - it’s been over 2 years”

“this is worth many awesomes - Kirsten and Shawn booked the same cruise”



Adia & Spike two years ago today

No comments: