Friday, July 8, 2011

A Quiet Day

I spent a quiet afternoon reading out on my swing. It is a lovely place to curl up with a book – I even enticed Spike to spend a few minutes with me – although he really didn’t like the swinging feel (he’s such a chicken). The dogs were happy to be outside for a short while, then they wanted back inside where it is cool. Not outdoor dogs that’s for sure!

20110708_spike-swing_002

I can’t get over how dry everything is here. The grasses in the hayfield have not recovered from haying. The ground is covered by sharp, prickly dried grasses although the clover has sprouted out from the little bit of rain we got the other night.

20110707_grace_002

This is what I found when I was walking in the field this afternoon. Nature is so beautiful.

20110708_nest_001

If the skies fall, one may hope to catch larks.
Francois Rabelais

20110708_nest_003

No comments: