Sunday, October 19, 2014

An Opportunity to Purge

I lay staring at the ceiling for much of the night, my mind whirling with re-organization and purging thoughts. I must have moved everything in the house last night, packing away boxes of decorations, and shifting things from one room to another. Then I started painting and re-tiling the bathrooms - well, you get the picture, my mind was whirring.


As soon as my feet hit the floor this morning I was zooming. Helter skelter, I moved through the house, packing things up, moving them into the catch all room to deal with later, stuffing stuff into the garbage. I'd move one thing and then be distracted by the next thing… well, I was spinning a bit.


6600 steps later I was done… for today. I think I made a difference, but then again, I haven't dealt with the other room, nor the bottom of the basement stairs…


I hope the energy continues!


Merikay - your advice was good - taking things a step at a time is an approach that will work for me, especially as there are so many tasks that I want to get done (painting, etc.). Dorothy - the idea of going to a smaller house only works if I purge much of the stuff.


Times of transition are strenuous, but I love them. They are an opportunity to purge, rethink priorities, and be intentional about new habits. We can make our new normal any way we want. ~Kristin Armstrong

2 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Since we went full time, we have become anti-stuff. After two years back in a house, we have added very little. Our motto is less is best:)

Merikay said...

You actually inspired me yesterday. Befor arriving at our month long stay here in Georgia, I said it was time to empty and re organize the basement bays. Well we finally did. I have the back of the Jeep packed with things to get rid of or put in the dumpster. The seat from the Jeep is now stowed in the bay, and once the trash is gone we will have some better space.