Saturday, October 25, 2014

Please won’t you Please

please-card

There were a few file folders of cards, and other memorabilia in the filing cabinet that I worked on yesterday. One of the cards is the one in the photo – I saved this one as it is a perfect summary of the bombardment of begging, business plans, and pro/con lists that I have peppered Carm with over the years.

I always used to have some scheme or plan or wish that I wanted to get Carm’s buy in for. Sometimes they were practical (I can’t think of one off the top of my head), but most were hair brained and sometimes directly from a hypo-manic brain.

I found business plans for our bird breeding business. It laid (no pun intended) out which kinds of birds to get, how many chicks they’d have and the bottom line. There was a similar set of documents for the horses. There were pro/con lists with suspiciously long pro columns for buying rental properties or moving to bigger farms.

They weren’t in the file folders, but somewhere are documents laying out why we should get a standard poodle, a ridgeback, and a miniature poodle. 

Documents exist that lay out exactly why we should add each new horse to our herd. Or build the barn a little bit bigger, or add a just a tiny bit more fencing. The plan for building an indoor arena never come true. I mustn’t have worked hard enough on that document!

My documents would be carefully laid out and sometimes even colour coded. Back in those days I could have written up a pro list for planting poison ivy if I put my mind to it! Oh, how much fun I would have now with all the software available now for brain storming and charting.

 

Begging is much more difficult than it looks. Contrary to popular belief, it’s a high art form that takes years of dedicated practice to master.  ~Sol Luckman

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

It is said that the organized are the ones that move the world:)