Tuesday, October 7, 2014

every leaf is a flower

Monday was almost a perfect fall day - blustery in the morning, then sun in the afternoon. Every moment of sunshine seems like a bonus this time of year, and when it is highlighting the autumn leaves, even more so. I will say though, aside from the leaves along the highway, the colour has not been good. Many of the trees here have gone yellowish brown, and skipped the vibrant shades. Perhaps that makes the trees that do have good colour all the more appreciated.

We took advantage of the weather and went for a few walks - enough to get me over 10,000 steps. All totalled, I probably walked close to 2 hours - that is not sustainable! 10,000 steps seems like a crazy goal!

DSCN7065

When I wasn't walking, I was working on a few stories - two for my writing group, and the beginnings of another short story. At the end of the day my brain was mush! This writing stuff is hard work (so it must be good for me). I can't believe how long it takes to get a story to where I like it - hopefully someday I'll be a tiny bit faster ;-)  Then again, it isn't like I have anything better to do. Oh, except vacuum up the werewolf like orange beetles. Isn't it amazing that they can fly! Carm read that they have good eyesight too. And how can something so little create so much stink? I have a cotton ball with essential oils stuffed into one of the vacuum vents to try to freshen our tiny space.

Tuesday morning it vacillated between inviting sun and discouraging dark cloud. Bella stood looking out of the window on high alert for squirrels, Spike slept on the sofa between Carm and I, Kabira lay in front of the fire, and we had our tablets. A fairly typical morning!

until… the rain started falling… exit stage left over to the golf course for breakfast!

Luckily it didn't rain too long and by the time we got back I was able to walk the dogs on the pine needle route (no mud!).

DSCN7070

We are almost caught up with the new Dr. Who episodes - I'll have to say that I've gotten used to the new doctor quickly and think he is a pretty good replacement – which is something to say – Matt Smith and David Tenant were fantastic. The writing has been good - think of your worst nightmare and add some Dr. Who music.

 

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus

No comments: