Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Shorts, t-shirts and sandals!

 Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile. ~ William Cullen Bryant

 

DSCN7091

I knew it was getting close, but forgot to check when I posted my last post - this one is my 1001th post! I can hardly believe that in the almost 4 years of writing my blog that I've been that verbose… but I guess I have! I do know that each year I've printed a book with my posts and photos and each one has been a thick tome of mindless musings and endless gushing about all things wonderful.

The gushing won't stop though… Yesterday I woke up to an unbelievable morning - the sun was strong, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the wind was non-existent. It was our moving day - and we enjoyed packing up in the autumn sunshine. By the time we got to our new destination, it was still warm, but the clouds had moved in.

We enjoyed a thin crust pizza that we'd picked up from a new Italian take-out place, and then headed out on a walk. I don't know why I didn't get my camera out of my waist pack… perhaps because I was being dragged by two overly exuberant dogs (Carm was along and was being dragged by Bella). The water level is way down so we picked our way along the water's edge from one group camping area to the next. It was so beautiful - the trees across the seaway were wearing cloaks of red and orange and reflected into the calm waters.

 DSCN7084

Today, the morning was like a perfect summer morning - I sat outside with my coffee and the dogs tethered about - I was reminded why the fence is good - I was jumping up and down to move them out of the sun, back into the sun, untangle leashes… the fence may be more work up-front, but it does increase relaxation.

DSCN7080

The wind came up around noon - it was strong and unpleasant, sending us out for a truck ride for some groceries, and by the time we got back the wind had shifted around a bit. We went for another long walk on a different route today. Lovely.

October 14th and we are enjoying temps up to 27C. Spectacular!

DSCN7093

 

Fall has always been my favourite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. ~ Lauren DeStefano

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I printed the first two of our eight plus years of traveling, then gave up. I only really look back digitally anyways:(