Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bees at my Knees

The warmer weather returned this afternoon, tempting me out of the house to meander around the property. My first circuit of the field this morning was cool and a bit breezy. This afternoon though, the bees were at my knees as I pushed through the tangle of clover and blue asters. They don’t seem bothered by my gentle passage.

The dogs have been thrilled with all this outdoor time and rush to the door whenever I stand up! Spike has been cracking me up on these walks – I usually carry a few little treats so that I can practice recalls. So he lags way behind, standing in place, waiting for me to turn around and raise my arm. Then he runs at top speed till he screeches to a halt at my feet, waiting for his treat. And of course I give him one, and then laugh out loud at his shenanigans!

20140927_113239-property-dogs

 

The fitbit has shown me what I already knew, but without the facts flashing on the screen in front of me was able to ignore. I am shocked at my level of inactivity and am surprised that I don't have moss growing up my legs!

Speaking of inactivity - my computer is sucking the steps out of me. With email, Facebook, financial stuff, mood logs and food trackers all vying for my attention, my seat rarely lifts from the chair. Thank goodness I drink a cup (or 2) of coffee every morning to get me moving to the other end of the house.

After all that important work is done, I head over to the sofa with my tablet for some writing time. I may be writing my blog (like now), or working on assignments for my writing group. With my legs curled up under me, my fingers tap at the keyboard (maybe I need a fitdigit!), until my legs fall asleep.

The writing has been going well - I'm really enjoying it. As I work on an assignment, if it is going well, I love what I'm writing, thinking it is really great. Then I put it aside for a while and when re-visited, find I don't like it anymore. The process goes back and forth like that - with Carm being subjected to each version - until it is time for the meeting. By then I'm usually happy how it turned out - until the next week when I post it on the internet - then it seems awkward and childish.

There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky,
Which through the summer is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!
Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments: