Friday, January 6, 2017

I will permit it to pass over me and through me

Poodles clipped - check. One thing off the to-do list for my upcoming adventure. Oh my aching back… I'm glad I did it well in advance of sitting in a cramped seat for 24 flying hours, total trip time 34 1/2 hours including layovers. Ugh. I keep reminding myself that it is only 1 day, make that almost 2 days, but it will be worth it.

My stuff is laid out all over the spare bed, and looking at it I'm not sure that it will all fit in my mid-size suitcase. I'll have to pare down, although I don't know what I'll drop. It is summer there, but I can't count on it being like a summer here as the weather range is far more variable - too close to the South Pole for long hot summers.

Freaking out a little bit about the shooting in Ft. Lauderdale - exactly where we picked up our suitcases, and waited for almost 3 hours for our flight coming home a month ago.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
― Frank Herbert

No comments: