Wednesday, April 7, 2021

be nimble be quick

 For the first time in months I had a bit of a breakdown this morning… with an official announcement of another stay at home order in just a few hours it all seemed like too much. Cases have been ripping through Ontario like wildfire. People are out everywhere and it can’t continue like this… so… we’ll all be staying at home for another month… yes another freakin month. It seems like it will never end.


But! It’s another beautiful day with more in the forecast. Perhaps it’s Nature’s way of making up for unleashing covid-19 on us.



We were up before 7:30 this morning to get ready to nab an appointment at the health unit for Carm. Today they opened up for 60+ and we thought getting a different vaccine from the one I’ll be getting tomorrow might be a good idea. Is it? I don’t know and thinking about it I’m freaking out that we are postponing his vaccine for 2 weeks.


He’s the one that goes out to do the groceries.


He’s out now while I stay at home.


I’m listening to a 10cc album that I first got when I was 12. It was alternative rock then and certainly not mainstream now, ALTHOUGH I did hear a bit on a car commercial! Very surprised. They did have one top hit: ‘I’m not in Love’


Yesterday was gorgeous. We got the tires changed on the car - everytime we do it things seem to go more quickly as we are more organized. Then we ran the slides out on the villetta! While Carm trimmed the apple trees,  I vacuumed and puttered in the camper. Today I’m cleaning the carpets and putting another coat of finish on the hardwood floors. Not that we are going anywhere… but I’ll use it as a little getaway for a change of scenery we might even sleep in there occasionally. 


It’s 1pm and I’m desperately trying to recapture my mood of the last several months. I need to banish the prickling behind my eyes and the pit in my stomach.


6pm… I’ve spent time outside, puttered in the camper, freaked out over the press conference announcing the stay-at-home order, and booked another vaccine appointment, this one ½ hour away rather than 1 + ½ hours away. Carm has booked one at the same place, cancelling his hard earned EOHU vaccine. We decided that with all the variants it makes sense to get it done now. 


All is well in my universe :-) And Carm’s happy too as he gets to golf tomorrow!



“Today has been a day dropped out of June into April.”

~L.M. Montgomery

No comments: