Thursday, April 8, 2021

we got our jabs!

 I will admit to choking up a bit when I got my jab this afternoon. I’ve never been so grateful for a little prick as I was today - the feeling of relief was almost overwhelming. As I sat in the chair waiting for 15 minutes to pass I had to force back tears. Good tears. Hopeful tears. Oh, I kept it together but I tried to savour the feeling. Tonight we celebrated with bubbles :-)



I considered really dressing up for the occasion… my sequin dress would have been nice but with over an hour of sitting in the car it seemed silly. As it was, I wore a summer top and shorts! On April 8th!


The pharmacy was well organized with lots of space to keep away from others, not that there were many people to keep away from. It felt very safe.


Carm was ecstatic to be on the golf course today. Another reason to celebrate.


The warmth today was unbelievable with the mercury reaching over 20C. There are more warm days in the forecast. It’s weird to say at this time of year, but we could probably use a bit of rain. (on edit: next week has lots of rain in the forecast).


While Carm was swinging his club, I finished vacuuming the carpet in the camper and then arranged the furniture for use. I just need to pass a damp cloth over everything and then it’s ready. My getaway.



While Carm was gone this morning I kept the music off for a few hours and basked in the relative silence. It’s not that he’s (very) noisy but the house has a stillness that even the dogs don’t disturb. It was nice for a while but then I’d had enough and put on some tunes.



“April is the kindest month. April gets you out of your head and out working in the garden.”

~Marty Rubin

1 comment:

Merikay MacKenna said...

Craig and I got ours in late January and early February. We are still living as if we are not vaccinated, avoiding crowds and always wearing our masks. Our RV resort here in Southern California has reopened to many of its activities, but I have decided to avoid group doos until we return in Fall. As of now we have a full five months of travel, leaving in June, to look forward too. I will start blogging again soon. Enjoy the free feeling the jab gives you, but continue to be safe!